Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

BLUE LISA DOES SCOTLAND

Sounds kind of kinky, doesn't it? (I can only hope.)

Here's the official press release:

####

Blue Lisa heads for Scotland in June where she will be one of the headliners of the largest free blues festival in Europe, the Dundee Blues Bonanza. She'll be on the bill with Bob Hall (Savoy Brown, Peter Green and others), Otis Grand, Little Jimmy Reed, and will be backed by the incomparable Son Henry Band. Last years festival drew over 12,000 people, and this years festival will be even bigger. Blue Lisa will be doing 2 shows, one on the main stage and one at a 300 seat venue that's already a sell out. www.dundeebluesbonanza.com

While in Scotland, Blue Lisa will begin work on her debut release for Scottish label Front Porch Records. www.frontporchrecords.co.uk

####

I'm very excited for the chance to work again with my friend the legendary Son Henry. I never know what kind of musical mischief we'll get up to, but I always know it will be a good time. And as long as someone brings a fire extinguisher, we'll be all right!

This is the trip I've been wanting to take since I was 13 years old (and in love with Eric Faulkner of the Bay City Rollers!), and I'm finally going. I'm really beginning to believe that saying "Life starts at 40" is true!

Cheryl Arena has graciously agree to get up early the two Thursday's I'm gone and bring you BIG TEXAS BLUES, so I'm leaving you in great hands.

I'm sure I'll have many adventures to share with you. Keep watching this space!

No comments: