Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Monday, August 28, 2006

GREAT TIME AT THE TX INT'L BLUESFEST

What a great time I had at the Texas International Bluesfest on Saturday! The T-Bonz and I were already in a festive mood since it was Jim Hunton's birthday, but the enthusiastic response we received from the crowd really made our night!

I didn't get there in time to see all the acts (I hear Dallas's newest Blues Diva, 13 year old Kayla Reeves and her band Triple Threat were awesome - no surprise to me!), but I caught Cookie McGee's masterful set, and it was great to get to hang out with our friends The Silvertones, who not only played a fabulous set of their own, but then backed up Mr. Cold Blue Steel himself, James Buck.

My boys looked amazing and played even better! I dare say my boys were the eye candy of the evening - and ladies, you know how I like some eye candy at my shows! I was very, very proud to be on stage with all of them. Special thanks to Mick Carr for sitting in with us on drums. We owe you one!

And thanks again to James Buck for including us on the bill for this years Bluesfest, and for inviting me and Jim up to be part of his closing set! It was a fun night for us James. Thank you SO MUCH.

For the next 5 days, you can see pictures of us onstage at the Bluesfest taken by my friend Ginny Ivey by clicking this link: http://server.inalbum.com/cgi-bin/ia20/i2_view?117028682313234604541770361907

No comments: