Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Monday, August 07, 2006

HOW HOT IS TEXAS?

I've told this story to several people now, and they've suggested I post it here.

I have to admit, even after living in Texas all of my life, it was a first for me.

The Saturday I returned from Scotland, my band and I played Stroker's Icehouse on the outside stage. The actual temperature was around 101 when we started and the heat index was 106.

It was a long, hot 4 hours. When we were done, all I wanted to do was get a shower and go to bed. When I was getting undressed, I took off my tennis shoes and went to pull off my socks. Remember, I'm pretty wiped out from 4 hours in the heat, but I couldn't get the sock off my foot. I'm thinking I've got a hangnail, but no.

My toe nail polish had melted to my socks. On both feet.

THAT'S how hot it is in Texas!

No comments: