Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

JESSICA MUNN THIS WEEK ON BIG TEXAS BLUES

I hope you have enjoyed BIG TEXAS BLUES throughout the month of March as I've celebrated National Women's History Month by featuring the recorded works of Blueswomen, and by having local Blues Diva's Miss Marcy and Cheryl Arena in the studio as my special guests. Thanks again to both of them for taking a break from their busy schedules to share their time, talents and insights with all my listeners.

We've got one more Thursday in the month - the one coming up, March 28th. I'll be presenting a blues history segment on The Queen of the Blues herself - Dinah Washington, who strangly enough, died the day I was born - December 14, 1963. But what an interesting, life she had. Find out more about it in the first half of Thursday's show.

The last half of the show, my special guest live in the studio will be 17 year old blues guitarist Jessica Munn. Jessica will be making her very first (of what I hope to be many) appearance on BIG TEXAS BLUES doing the "12 Bar Blues" series.

If you've been lucky enough to see her play, you already know she is a talented guitarist. What you may not know is what an intelligent and gracious young lady she is. Always a pleasure to share a stage with, Jessica has a talent that ranks her right up amongst the much older, more experienced pros - she listens and plays WITH the band. Trust me, some people NEVER figure that out. Quite clever of her to get it so young. And that's part of the reason why so many of us - myself, Andrea Dawson, Jackie Don Loe - have taken her under our collective wings.

You know me, I'm a big believer that there's always room for another Blueswoman, and I can't wait to hear from Jessica herself what has influenced her to choose the Blues. Listen carefully folks. It's the young women like Jessica Munn and Kayla Reeves that are the future of the blues. (I'm thinking we're in good hands here.)

So set your alarm sleepyhead, and tune in Thursday at 9 am sharp so you don't miss the fun!

No comments: