Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Friday, March 16, 2007

MY COVER ON SOUTHWEST BLUES MAGAZINE


I was so busy in December and January that I didn't even have time to post about one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me - making the cover of Southwest Blues Magazine.
I am so humbled and honored. Thanks are in order here.
Thank you Jackie Don Loe, for your devotion and dedication to writing my story. What an awesome job you did. Talk about getting our kicks in 2006! Boy, do I owe you one.
Thanks to Lon Buckley who shot the beautiful cover photo. You are such a sweet and talented man. You brought out the best in me. This is my very favorite picture of me ever. If only I looked that good everyday!
Most of all, I want to thank SWB publisher Joanna Iz for thinking my story worthy of being told. What a beautiful thing you have done for me. Thank you so very, very much. You, as always, have my utmost love and admiration for all you do for all of us in the blues.
You can see the cover and order a back issue if you didn't get a copy at www.southwestblues.com

No comments: