Blues Musicians - Want Your Gigs Listed On This Calendar?

Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas Blues Musicians - Want to see your weekly gigs listed on this calendar and have them read live on the air on KNON's BIG TEXAS BLUES program?

Email (no texts, messages to this blog or Facebook posts accepted) your gigs for the upcoming week NO LATER THAN Sunday Evening to: bluelisablues@aol.com

Please include the following:
Your name * Band Name (if Applicable) * If it is full band gig, solo or duo * Name of Venue * City Venue is located in * Time your show starts and ends

Remember - this is a BLUES calendar posted on a BLUES blog and read on a BLUES radio show, so please only include BLUES gigs. Also, only include shows within the Dallas/Ft Worth/N Texas area.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update on Joe Jonas

As promised, here is the information on Joe Jonas and his condition since having a stroke on 8/2.
He was initially released from the hospital after several days and taken to a rehabilitation center, but after complaining of chest pains, he was moved back to the hospital. All tests looked good (including an EKG), so on 8/12 they moved him back to rehab.

Today I received this e-mail from T-Wayne, keyboardist for The Silvertones, who have been gigging with Joe:

Hello all......We went to visit Joe Jonas in the rehab hospital last night. He was sleeping, but the nurse was coming in for a medical treatment. She woke him up, so we visited for a few minutes.He is looking some what better, getting some rest and eating well. He is very alert (when he is awake, LOL) and likes the company as long as you don't stay too long, he tires quickly.Cards, letters and pictures are welcome.I've been asked about a benefit by several people, and yes there is one in the planning stages. I will try to keep everyone posted on the plans as soon as the date and venue are set. For now, donations of items for an auction and monetary contributions are being accepted through Joe's management and record label (Whale Records). This information and more are being posted on "Joe Jonas Benefit" face book page. More info to come! And, of course, your positive thoughts and prayers are welcome and needed for a speedy recovery! Thanks to all. It is going to be a long road ahead of us - T. Wayne

More information is available on Facebook under Joe Jonas Benefit, including the following: Please contact his granddaughter, Terrie, to schedule a visit w/Joe 817-323-4140.

I share this information with the expectation that everyone reading it will be respectful and appropriate about trying to visit and/or contact Joe. I think what he really needs right now, in addition to your prayers and well wishes is rest and recovery. I would be more than happy to make sure Joe receives your cards, letters and other messages. You can send them to me at: Blue Lisa, PO Box 721384, Dallas, TX 75372 or by e-mail at bluelisablues@aol.com

I will also be sharing information with you about the upcoming Joe Jonas Benefit both on Big Texas Blues and here on the blog, so be sure to check back.

On a personal note, if you are a regular listener to my radio show you know what a huge fan I am of Joe Jonas the Bluesman. But Joe is also a close personal friend, confidant and mentor, and I am devastated by this situation. Many of you have heard me joke that Joe is such a true friend to me that he played both my wedding and my divorce, which is true. However, all kidding aside, he also watched out for me and helped me get through the dark days of my divorce, and gives me wise, loving and, when necessary, brutally honest practical advise about all aspects of my life! It is rare in life that you make a friend who cares about you not for what you can do for them, but just for who you are. Joe is that kind of man. The reason you have not heard me talk about it more on the radio show is quite frankly I can't do it without crying, as I am doing now as I type this. Please be patient - I will share all with you as I can.

No comments: